Wednesday, October 29, 2008

my challenge

I have no sense of direction. It is easier to find places you want to go if you know the street names in Vancouver. But I still get lost a lot. So walking down the street inVancouver is always a challenge for me.
One day when I was walking from the station to my home, I got lost. I walked around for like 30 minutes, but I could not find my home. I was terrified and started thinking I might have to stay outside all night ( I actually did in New York 1 year ago). I dealt with this problem by asking the direction to people. But I knew myself I could not go back just by knowing the direction. I needed somebody to take me to my home. And I found out the people in Vancouver was kind enough to do that. On that day, a sweet woman with a baby took me to my home.
I can survive in Vancouver because people are so nice.

1 comment:

Jacqueline said...

I'm just like you, Mana. Absolutely no sense of direction! I can't believe you stayed out all night in New York! That's crazy. I'm glad that someone was nice enough to help you, and you were smart to ask a woman with a baby. A safe bet.